Mr. Bhattacharya focuses on solving problems for clients by working relentlessly to obtain settlements and when necessary, favorable results in the courtroom.
Clients appreciate his ability to analyze issues and craft creative and efficient strategies to dispose of costly and time-consuming disputes, allowing his clients to focus on maximizing the success of their business.
Mr. Bhattacharya represents prominent local and national businesses in complex commercial litigation and dispute resolution matters in both state and federal courts. His client representations span various industries including government contracting, biotechnology and pharmaceutical, real estate development, and hotel owners and management companies.
Some of Mr. Bhattacharya’s recent noteworthy matters include:
- Representation of local biotechnology company in multi-jurisdictional litigation.
- Representation of publicly-traded biotechnology company in local litigation matters.
- Representation of Washington, D.C.-based hospitality group owning and operating numerous restaurants and nightclubs.
- Representation of sales training franchisee in Federal Court dispute with franchisor regarding rights and obligations under the franchise agreement.
- Representation of hotel management company in management agreement litigation with the owner of a Baltimore hotel; resulted in a jury verdict of nearly $3 million in client’s favor.
- Representation of general partner of major real estate development company in dispute with remaining general partners and management company; achieved an eight figure settlement in client’s favor.
- Representation of pharmaceutical marketing consultant in successfully dismissing million dollar claims concerning professional negligence.
- Representation of real estate joint-venture partner in successfully obtaining summary judgment avoiding millions of dollars in liability.
- Representation of commercial building owner against county agency attempting to avoid liability for delinquent rent payments under successor liability theory.
Prior to founding Schulman Bhattacharya, Mr. Bhattacharya was a Shareholder in the Commercial Litigation Department of Shulman Rogers. Mr. Bhattacharya earned his J.D., from the University of Baltimore, with a concentration in Business Law. He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. Mr. Bhattacharya is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
7500 Old Georgetown Road, Suite 901
Bethesda, Maryland 20814