James “Jake” Schaller has represented clients in numerous complex business disputes across a wide range of industries. His numerous corporate and individual clients have praised his responsiveness, poise under pressure, and ability to distill complicated issues quickly, while keeping them focused on their ultimate goals.
Mr. Schaller graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame, where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree. He earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude and was inducted into the Order of the Coif. While at Maryland, Mr. Schaller competed on the Moot Court team and was a semifinalist in the school’s Morris B. Myerowitz Moot Court Competition. He also was an editor for the school’s Journal of Health Care Law and Policy and wrote an article on synthetic drugs that was published in the Journal. Upon graduation, he received Maryland’s Litigation and Advocacy Award and the William P. Cunningham Award for exceptional achievement and service to the law school.
Mr. Schaller previously worked at a large Montgomery County law firm where he represented clients in contract and corporate disputes, construction disputes, and fiduciary litigation matters involving will and trust contests.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Schaller was an award-winning sports journalist for several publications including The Washington Post and The Colorado Springs Gazette.
Mr. Schaller’s recent experience includes the following:
- Ongoing representation of former member of the Board of Directors of a leading pharmaceutical company in a major federal court litigation.
- Ongoing representation of plaintiffs in a class action regarding false advertising by a group of pharmaceutical companies.
- Successfully represented home builder before Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission in hearing on removal of Conservation II Easement.
- Won partial summary judgment on key contractual issue, leading to resolution that allowed client to keep 100 percent of profits from disputed sale of real estate.
- Assisted with securing a favorable settlement for owner of technology company in dispute with former partner.
- Helped secure removal of trustee of high-value trust and appointment of client as rightful successor trustee.
Recent News about Jake Schaller
- Schulman Bhattacharya Defeats Preliminary Injunction Motion, Then Wins Summary Judgment Dismissing, With Prejudice, More Than $50 Million In Counterclaims In Petroleum Company Dispute
- Maryland Court Enters Preliminary Injunction Protecting Interest Of Schulman Bhattacharya Client In $480 Million Asset Sale
- Schulman Bhattacharya’s Bio-Tech Litigation Practice Secures Another Victory In Federal Court
- Schulman Bhattacharya Continues Rapid Growth—Famed Corporate Lawyer And Executive Joins The Firm, Along With Experienced Commercial Litigator
6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 425
North Bethesda, Maryland 20852