JEREMY SCHULMAN Case Work
Jeremy Schulman has been working for years on top global cases focusing on litigation. He fights for truth in all cases and gets results.
Among Jeremy Schulman’s recent noteworthy matters are:
- Representation of leading Washington, D.C. trade association in litigation against financial institution concerning $90 million failed loan.
- Representation of one of Japan’s largest conglomerates in multi-billion-dollar litigation against two leading New York-based banks arising from their involvement in one of the largest rogue trading scandals in history.
- Representation of the Federal Republic of Somalia in various matters, including conducting an investigation of financial corruption allegations asserted by the United Nations Monitoring Group for Somalia and Eritrea.
- Representation of a director of a U.K.-based oil company and an official of the Federal Government of Somalia in connection with terrorism allegations asserted by the United Nations Monitoring Group for Somalia and Eritrea.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company in multi-state court proceedings stemming from a disputed loan transaction in excess of $80 million.
- Representation of a pharmaceutical company and the inventor of a successful medical food product in federal court litigation concerning the ownership of proprietary scientific know how and product marketing issues.
- Representation of a celebrity chef in litigation concerning ownership of successful restaurant ventures.
- Representation of minority ownership group in buy-sell dispute concerning the sale of a $150 million office building in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of putative seller of Orlando, Florida apartment complex in litigation with buyer over a disputed purchase and sale agreement.
- Representation of leading U.S. homebuilder in litigation concerning $120 million real estate acquisition in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Representation of 50% owner of limited liability company owning $50 million Washington, D.C. office building in dispute concerning sale of property.
- Representation of the principals of a Florida-based technology company in multiple litigations against two leading financial institutions in connection with disputed securities margin agreements.
- Representation of leading German financial institution in connection with opening of branches in the U.S.
- Representation of Russian bank in civil forfeiture action brought by Federal government in connection with Bank of New York money laundering investigation.
- Representation of large minority partner in litigation and pre-litigation disputes concerning various real estate partnerships owning shopping mall, residential apartment complexes, and raw land in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Representation of real estate developer in litigation and various other matters over his interest in $106 million office building and contiguous property located in the Washington metropolitan area.
- Representation of New York-based real estate company concerning various disputes with major hotel management company relating to hotels in Florida and Puerto Rico.
- Representation of owner of Downtown Washington hotel in AAA arbitration against major hotel management company concerning proposed hotel renovation.
- Representation of owner of three luxury hotels in Southern California in litigation against leading hotel management company in state court in California concerning mismanagement of hotels.
- Representation of leading hotel franchisor in Federal court appeals concerning branches of its franchise agreement.
- Representation of sports league in litigation in Federal court in Nevada concerning the design and acquisition of a rocket-powered airplane.
- Representation of software development company in Federal lawsuit against former officer, director, and employee concerning ownership of the company’s intellectual property.
- Representation of leading solar energy company in Federal lawsuit against former business partner concerning the former partner’s breaches of a reseller agreement.
- Representation of communications company in licensing dispute with software provider and related escrow dispute with leading escrow agent in multi-jurisdictional dispute.
- Representation of internet company in securities fraud action against investors.
- Representation of Asian government in World Bank arbitration concerning rehabilitation of country’s principal thermal power station.
- Representation of leading airport developer in World Bank arbitration against Asian government concerning construction of international passenger terminal.
- Representation of Asian governmental agency in D.C. District Court litigation concerning disputed oil and gas drilling rights.
- Representation of owner of combined-cycle power plant in Brazil in ICC arbitration proceedings and extensive pre-arbitration negotiations in construction dispute with contractor.
- Representation of major insurance company in class action in Ohio state court concerning marketing practices with respect to variable annuity products.
- Representation of major insurance company in litigation in New York State court concerning an alleged breach of a reinsurance contract.
- Representation of brewing company in litigation in New York Federal court against former distributor who alleged improper termination of distributorship agreement.
Jeremy Schulman in the News: